Friday, October 8, 2010

DAISY Girls~ Honest and Fair

The girls worked toward their "Light Blue Petal" learning about the meaning of "Honest and fair". Co-leader, Tammy,

  • read the book, Berenstain Bears and the Truth; they discussed situations where it was hard to tell the truth.

  • A Game of musical squares was played with exercise squares to reinforce being fair. (Same rules for everyone ).

  • The talking string was introduced to the girls. "Being fair" was reinforced by giving everyone their turn to talk while holding the talking string while the others were quiet and listened.

  • The girls got a treat to learn a new song:
I'M A LITTLE DAISY (Tune- I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little Daisy, dressed in blue
I am a Girl Scout, you are too
When I go to meetings, I sing and shout
I love being a Daisy Girl Scout!

Motions-I'm a little... hands together, at side of face, head tilted.
dressed... hands pick up hem of uniform smock
I am a Girl Scout...make GS sign
you are too... point to neighbor
When I go...hands out, palms up
I sing and shout...hands cup around mouth
I love... point to heart
Daisy Girl Scout...clap once on each word



The girls discussed having a Kaper chart; and decided at the next meeting they will work on making one. To end the meeting, the girls worked on their "Holiday Card Design" for the contest... so many budding artists! (not all Daisy girls have their pictures below)


Allie G.

Kylee B.


Allyson B.


Kara H.



Sarah A.


Brooke B.


Second level Daisy Girls, two Allyson's, separated toward the end of our meeting time to work on their Garden Journey patch. We completed the Introduction and will be working on Chapter One for next troop meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment